Riverside Middle School
Leadership Officer Training Course
Vision: Leadership Officer Training Corps (LOTC) program prepares students for responsible leadership roles while making them aware of individual responsibilities and privileges as an American citizen.
Purpose: To build character and develop young people as leaders and promote a sense of accountability and responsibility.
Course Description: The LOTC program is a citizenship awareness, leadership development, and organizational management, "learning by doing", course of instruction. To accomplish this mission, the program includes courses such as citizenship, leadership, basic drills and numerous other courses designed to assist cadets to succeed in middle school and prepare for high school.
Objective: Develop Leadership and promote patriotism:
- Develop informed and responsible citizens with basic knowledge of the U.S. Constitution.
- Strengthen character and integrity.
- Develop self-discipline, responsibility, and a positive response to authority..
- Encourage and teach young people how education will support their future goals.
- Learn the importance of diet and of physical fitness to maintain good health.
- Develop basic skills necessary to work effectively as a team member.
- Promote self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Learn to think logically and to communicate effectively with emphasis on oral communication.
Mission: This course will train and educate young students in varying military skills that will enhance their moral, mental, and physical qualities while also developing their leadership skills so that they can be better students and citizens in general.
Mandatory: Be responsive to cadet leaders and cooperate with other cadets.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the Way. RMS STRONG!
Mr. Carlos Valdez
1st Lieutenant USMC,
12 yrs active duty